Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tomball Night








This Friday, August 3rd, HRD is going up to Tomball for Tomball Night. I'm not sure what to expect, but you put a bunch of cowboys and derby girls together, drinking beer telling tall tales... well I expect to have a good time!
I'm renting a passanger van that will carry a bunch of us up from the Montrose area into Tomball and back. It's supposed to be a 'party bus', but Texas has stupid open container laws, so I'm not sure how that is going to work out. I'm going to do a little research to find out how we can legally let the people in back drink as long as the driver stays sober.
I'll post more after the event. This is a great excuse for me to buy those boots I've been looking at... and a cowboy hat. Yeehaw!
____________________________
Update on 08-06-07

The Tomball Night was a big success! Robert had a huge space for us, and we brought tables and a canopy and filled it up with all kinds of HRD merch. We sold more at this event than any other event outside of our bouts. We now have razorback tank tops, and I love mine already! The fireworks were cool, and the parade was nice (a little short, but nice). We'll try to get in the next one and spice it up a bit... hehe
The antique guns and knives at Bob's Wild West were cool... if you're into hunting and that kind of stuff. Robert had his own mini store next to our table with LOTS of cool silly things... like bendable Gumby and Simpsons figurines. We bought a bag full of cute/fun stuff. I guess you would call them novelty items. They were really cool though.

2 comments:

Creeping Beauty said...

Fast food cups!! lol. Im not even joking...I do it all the time...drive through, buy a huge drink of choice, drink it down, and refill with liquor
*grin*

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.