Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Blue Heeler

We got home from the camping trip on Sunday. Late that night there was a puppy out in the street, trying to play with the traffic. I usually wouldn't mess with a dog running around outside, but this one was so cute and really close to being hit that I just couldn't leave her out there. She's a blue heeler, and very gentle. She came up to me very shy, with her tail between her legs, and with big puppy dog eyes. I put her in the back yard with my two dogs. There's a doggy door to the house where there is food and water. We keep a doggy exercise pen around the doggy door area, so I didn’t have to worry about this puppy getting too far into the house.She is so soft and pretty. And very playful. She was friendly to both of my dogs, who are less than half her size. She didn’t bark or cry the whole night.


She looks so sad... she could be howling "Nobody knows the trouble I've seen..."


















"Nobody knows my sorrow..."
I have to put a disclaimer on these pictures... she looks so sad, but Chris could only take the photos from the other side of the fence because when he was in there with her she wanted to play too much and wouldn't sit still... she was very happy and playful the whole time. She reinforces my belief that blue heelers are a great breed of dog.

Well I'm happy to say that I found her home! After work on Monday I put a collar and leash on her and walked her around the neighborhood. Some boys playing basketball in the street recognized her and walked with me three blocks over to her owners house. She had been looking for her dog. That just made my day :)

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

i'm glad your story had a happy ending! i am a dog lady, through and through. i have one (very) large dog and would love a second, but alas - my apartment is too small and we don't have a yard. one day...

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

This totally made me all weepy.

A perfect ending!