Friday, January 2, 2009

Money Goals!

Savings Goal by you.

I'm a huge fan of Dave Ramsey's. He's changed the way I think about money. I still make a lot of poor decisions when it comes to money and spending, but I still try to follow a budget and save.

I have no debt and my lifestyle is such that I can save a lot each month. I want to buy a house in the next year. I'm looking at spending between $120,000 and $150,000. So 20% of the high end is $30,000, which is what I want to put down on the house. This will give me a better interest rate (I hope... I haven't bought a home before so I'm only going by what I've read.)

I used my awesome Illustrator skills to create this personalized Goal Thermometer. Seeing it everyday on the fridge will help keep my goal in the front of my mind. I'm going to use a marker to fill it up and once money is designated House Fund Money, it will not be touched!

Sure, it's going to take a long time, but the hardest part is over. I have begun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck! I know you can do it, although I, on the other hand, would have never been able to buy 3 houses over the past 10 years if my parents had not helped me buy the house I grew up in first.