Friday, December 7, 2007

Be more green


It lists a few simple things we can do to be more green. I'm thinking of giving these energy savings CFL light bulbs as gifts this year. My family will save money and I'll be doing my part to help the environment.


And my family would completely understand... this is totally my kind of gift. They probably expect something like this. Very practical. Hehe... they'd be disappointed in me if I didn't get them these lights. Yep.

The kids are probably getting some type of game, or arts and crafts thing, or a jigsaw puzzle.

JC Penney is having a big sale in the morning from 6am until noon. I was thinking of going, but mainly all the stuff on sale is stuff I want for myself... so that'll have to wait until after Christmas.

I get off work at noon on Fridays. Today I'm heading straight to Hobby Lobby (I've got the coupons) to get Christmas stuff (it's all 50% off, even without coupon!) and look for gifts, then to Walmart, then Target, and finally the Memorial City Mall. I want to try to get all the remaining gifts purchased today.

I also will be looking for a dress for next week's company Christmas party. I want something a little dressy. Usually I look for something that will show off my back tattoo really nice... but not at this party.

I've got my list of who to buy for, and some ideas of what to buy... and I have a spending limit... I just hope I don't go over, and that I can refrain from buying stuff for myself and the house that can wait until the sales that happen after Christmas.

I've been working with the Merchandise committee lately... and I made this display for the bouts in Dallas:

I know I'm a dork... but it's been fun. Sorting and organizing. I created an awesome spreadsheet of the full inventory, then rolled and bagged all the merch (Chew's idea, thankyouverymuch), labeled them (Holly's idea, thankyouverymuch), then boxed them, then labeled the boxes... it's all really neat and tidy now.
And that display (Wreckhell's idea, thankyouverymuch)... well it took a few of us a lot of man hours... and glue... but it's beautiful! And the pictures with the prices on them... they are attached with velcro (Mia's idea, thankyouverymuch), so we can change them and update them easily.
And the numbering system is new (Blindside's idea, thankyouverymuch), and Shirt #1: HRD Logo Babydoll, is marked on the display, on the merch bin, and on the inventory sheet.
I really hope they have a great time selling merch this weekend, and find the system we put in place to work well and make merch less stressful and more effective. That's the goal anyway.
I test drove a VW GTI on Wednesday. It was awesome! Turbocharged! Good price, good mileage, exactly the kind of car I want, sporty yet roomy. I need to get my bonus first (I hope next Thursday!)... and test drive a few more cars... so I am not going to jump on this car just yet... it is the first car I've test drove since my search began... well the first one that didn't die while I was test driving it. It is awesome... but I'd like to check out my options first. I'm very thorough with everything I do... especially something like this. Plus I kind of challenged myself to get the Miata up to selling standards before looking for a new car. Kind of like when I make myself hang up all my clean clothes and do laundry and give away what I don't wear before going shopping for a lot more clothes.
It's weird how much time I've gained since retiring from derby... and how much I still feel like I don't have enough time to get anything done!

I watched the end of Beauty and the Geek last night. Awesome. I <3>

No comments: