Friday, December 21, 2007

1990 Mazda Miata



Oh... what good times we've had. I've had my Miata for 4 years now, and I just finally did it the justice of taking pictures... beautiful pictures... Crispix pictures. And now I'm going to sell it. I'll have fun for the next few weeks, or how ever long it takes to go.



Even though my car is small, it's taken me so many places. I've driven this car to the hill country, and of course up to East Texas many, many times. Hit a skunk once. That wasn't fun. Been given a few tickets before. That wasn't fun either. And I could shop for normal groceries with this car, but I couldn't go to Sams and stock up in bulk. So everything except for hitting skunks, getting tickets, and shopping at Sams is really fun in this car.



Okay... I'm exhausted now. From taking lots of pictures, to editing then posting those pictures. Tomorrow I'll type up all the details and post this baby for sale on Auto Trader, the Miata forum and Craigs List. Yeah.

Check out all the pics here... and the best way to view is with the fast slideshow.

Click here for lots of miata pictures!



http://houston.craigslist.org/car/519755419.html

1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata $2,500 OBO
Red with Black cloth interior
5 Speed
4 Cylinder
16-valve 116-hp DOHC engine
2100 lbs
Rear Wheel Drive
Here is a link the 1990 Mazda Miata Brochure:
http://www-cse.ucsd.edu/users/paloma/Miata/miata_90.html

165,107 miles

AM/FM Stereo
Air Conditioning
Cassette
Power Steering
Power Windows

VIN: JM1NA3512L0153702

For LOTS more pictures see:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellemcfierce/sets/72157603516265646

I've had this Miata since early 2004. It had two previous owners who took very good care of the car. It was garaged kept until I've owned it, and I've kept it under a carport.

This has been my daily driver for the past 4 years. I'm a professional woman working downtown Houston. The car has not been smoked in, and driven a lot of highway miles. I visit my family in Longview often.

The transmission and clutch were replaced in November of 2004, at 128,622 miles. I just replaced the shifter seals and installed a new leather shifter cover.

Last summer the A/C was converted to new type. It does blow cold, but there is some type of slow leak that causes me to have to get the Freon refilled once each summer. I took it to get diagnosed in July. They added Freon and the blue dye. They wanted me to drive it until I could tell it had leaked out so they could check where the blue dye came out. Well, it's still blowing cold right now so I haven't taken it back.

Everything works great. The windows, the radio, and the cassette deck. The map/interior lights don't come on all the time though.

There is one not noticeable dent on the car, above the passenger side wheel, you can barely see it in a few of the pictures in the flickr set. Someone bumped me years ago, and said she would pay for it to be fixed herself, but never did. I've learned to live with it.

It gets good gas mileage. The last time I tested it was around 25 miles per gallon.

I've got the key lock for tire nuts. I also have the detachable sun visors, and the optional window protector. In the trunk there is a jack, spare tire, canvas top cover, plastic window cleaner, and battery :)

The Miata is a lot of fun to drive. Come test drive it and you'll agree!

No comments: